- Regional History in the broadest sense - both ancient and recent history, Norwegian and international
- Corporate & Business History
- City, municipal and regional history
Members of the research group are involved in several externally funded projects.
These projects concern municipal and regional history, corporate and organizational history and maritime history. The members also initiate and contribute to anthologies and other book projects.
- Day Hundstad, Volda University College: The book project The History of Agder 1945 to the present.
- Berit Eide Johnsen, University of Agder: The book project The History of the Municipality of Lillesand 1800s and 1900s.
- Knut Dørum, University of Agder: A book project about the control of Norwegian towns and cities 1600-1900 (anthology in which several of the participants in the research group will be contributors).
- Nils Martinius Justvik, University of Agder: book project about the history of regional sport organization (the county of Aust-Agder).
- Harald Rinde, University of Agder: Author of three chapters in a book project about the energy utility company Nord-Trøndelag Elektrisitetsverk AS 1919-2019.
- Gustav Sætra, University of Agder: The research project Russian timber, Norwegian ships, English Market, 1850-2017.
- The research group Philosophy of Life Values in a Societal Context: Economy and Politics .
- Agder Research Network (with board members from The Regional State Archives in Kristiansand, Aust-Agder Museum and Archive IKS, and Vest-Agder Museum), who is the organizer of the annual Agder seminar.
- Agder Historical Society, with the project The History of Agder in seven volumes.