Students and staff at UiA can use SurveyXact to create questionnaire-based surveys.
With SurveyXact you can:
• Design questionnaires
• Distribute questionnaires
• Monitor data collection • Run analyses
SurveyXact can also be used for:
• Customer satisfaction surveys
• Image and knowledge surveys
• Employee surveys
• Workplace assessments (APV)
• User and member surveys
• Population surveys
• Teaching evaluations
• Course evaluations
• Panel surveys
• Attitude surveys
• Website surveys • Registration and registration tasks
The ‘Norwegian Data Protection Authority’ lists 10 categories of information that are considered sensitive personal data, and which are in principle prohibited from processing.
The 10 categories are:
1. Information on racial or ethnic origin
2. Information on political opinion
3. Information about religion
4. Information on philosophical beliefs
5. Information about union membership
6. Genetic information
7. Biometric information (when the purpose of treatment is to uniquely identify someone)
8. Health information
9. Information about sexual relationships 10. Information about sexual orientation
Nevertheless, it is possible to collect this type of information, "if the processing is necessary for archival purposes in the public interest, for purposes related to scientific or historical research or for statistical purposes. This applies if society's interest in the treatment taking place clearly exceeds the disadvantages for the individual. There must also be certain measures and you must have consulted with the privacy ombudsman."
It is possible to use SurveyXact for this purpose, but a two-factor login (confirmation via SMS) is required to protect the data. This can be activated for your account but must be done manually. Before you start with the survey, it is necessary that you contact the university librarian, Erik Adalberon (email@example.com tel. +47 38 14 19 77) to adapt the system to two-factor login.
The University Library is responsible for SurveyXact (SX).
Contact support from SurveyXact,My SurveyXact. You will also find telephone and contact information at the bottom of the screen when you are logged in.
Nettskjema is an alterative to Surveyxact, and it has many of the same functions. In addition, this tool comes with an app which includes dictaphone approved for interviews. The library has no responsibility for this service, and questions must be directed to ICT-support. Go to Nettskjema