Arvind Sharma has worked more than 10 years with The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI), one of the world’s pre-eminent think tanks and research institutions in the field of energy, climate change and sustainability. He developed his skills in Design, Development and Demonstration of Renewable Energy Projects i.e. Grid Connected Rooftop PV Systems, Micro-grids, Hybrid System, Off-grid systems (i.e. solar lighting) in many parts of the world.
He is PhD researcher in the Science and Engineering department at University of Agder, Norway. His PhD research is focus on the Energy Management Strateies for techno-economic operation of of micro-grid system.
Smart-Grid, Micro-grid, Distributed Energy Generation, Hybrid Energy System, Solar PV Roof-top system Electric Vehicle, Financial modelling, Tech-economic Assessment, Quality Assurance and control PV System, PV and Battery Recycling etc.
Fellow, and Area Convenor TERI, New Delhi India: May 2014-May 2017 (Currently on Study Leave)
Associate Fellow, TERI, New Delhi India: July 2013- May 2014
Research Associate, TERI, New Delhi India: Oct 2008- July 2013
Research Associate(Trainee), TERI, New Delhi India: April 2008- Oct 2008
R&D Engineer, Ritika Systems Pvt. Ltd. Noida U.P, Inida: Aug 2007-April 2008
Key Project Details
1. To Analyze Technical Challenges for integrating solar PV systems network and develop business plan for standardized architecture as well as road map to accelerate the solar PV based microgrid development in India, Sponsor: The Royal Norwegian Embassy, Year 2017-2020,
More details: https://www.teriin.org/projects/nfa/clean-energy-wp1.php
2. Develop a recycling plan for solar PV module and new battery technology used in microgrid’s applications, Sponsor: The Royal Norwegian Embassy, Year 2017-2020.
More details: https://www.teriin.org/projects/nfa/clean-energy-wp1.php
3. Market Assessment and develop Business Plan of Power Roll Technology in India and South East Asia, Sponsor: Big Solar Limited, UK, Year 2016-17.
4. Off-grid Solar PV SNV’s project validation mission in Zimbabwe, Burkina Faso, Tanzania and Uganda, Sponsor: SNV Netherland, Year 2015.
5. Establishment of Solar Lighting Laboratory under World Bank Lighting Global Program for providing Testing and Quality Assurance services Off-grid Lighting system in South-East Asia. Sponsor: International Finance Corporation (IFC), India.
6. Lighting a Billion Lives© is a global initiative to facilitate clean energy access and the delivery of last mile energy services for basic and productive use. More details: http://labl.teriin.org/about.php
1. Arvind Sharma, Mohan Kolhe, K. M. S. Y. Konara, Kapil Muddineni, Ashwini Mudgal, Shirish Garud and Nils Ulltveit-Moe, “Operational Analysis of Institutional Energy System for Developing a Micro-grid”, IOP Conference series- Materials Science and Engineering 605 012008, 2019 doi:10.1088/1757-899X/605/1/012008.
2. K. M. S. Y. Konara, Mohan Kolhe, Arvind Sharma, “Load Compensator with an Energy Storage for a Grid Connected PV Based Active Generator” IOP Conference series- Materials Science and Engineering 605 012009, 2019. doi:10.1088/1757-899X/605/1/012009.
3. Pooja Sharma, Mohan Kolhe, Arvind Sharma, “Economic Analysis of a Building Integrated Photovoltaic” IOP Conference series- Materials Science and Engineering 605 012013, 2019. doi:10.1088/1757-899X/605/1/012013.
4. Arvind Sharma, Suneel Pandey, Mohan Kolhe, ‘Global review of policies & guidelines for recycling of solar PV modules’ International Journal of Smart Grid and Clean Energy, vol. 8, no. 5, September 2019: pp. 597-610, DoI: 10.12720/sgce.8.5.597-610
5. Pooja Sharma, Mohan Kolhe, Arvind Sharma, Economic performance assessment of building integrated photovoltaic system with battery energy storage under grid constraints, Renewable Energy, Volume 145, Pages. 1901-1909, ISSN 0960-1481, 2020.
6. A. Sharma et al., "Performance Assessment of Building Integrated Photovoltaic and Battery Energy System: A Case Study of TERI-Retreat Facilty in India," 2019 4th International Conference on Smart and Sustainable Technologies (SpliTech), Split, Croatia, 2019, Pages. 1-5.
7. A. Sharma, M. Kolhe, U. Nils, A. Mudgal, K. Muddineni and S. Garud, "Comparative Analysis of Different Types of Micro-grid Architectures and Controls," 2018 International Conference on Advances in Computing, Communication Control and Networking (ICACCCN), Greater Noida (UP), India, Pages. 1200-1208, 2018.
8. A. Sharma, M. Kolhe, U. Nils, K. Muddineni, A. Mudgal and S. Garud, "Voltage Rise Issues and Mitigation Techniques Due to High PV Penetration into the Distribution Network," 2018 International Conference on Automation and Computational Engineering (ICACE), Greater Noida, India, Pages. 72-78, 2018.
9. Mohammed A.M. Yassin, Mohan Kolhe, Arvind Sharma, Shirish Garud, “Battery Capacity Estimation for Building Integrated Photovoltaic System: Design Study for Different Geographical Location(s)”, Energy Procedia, Volume 142, 2017, Pages. 3433-3439, ISSN 1876-6102, 2017.
10. D. Dharshana, M. Kolhe, A. Sharma, S. Garud, V. Dehalwar and V. K. Singh, "Review of information and communication technologies for smart micro-grid automation," 2017 7th International Conference on Power Systems (ICPS), Pune, Pages. 842-848, 2018.
11. Nivedita Thakur, Arvind Sharma, Parimita Mohanty, K Rahul Sharma and Piyush Parmar, ”Solar Lighting Systems in India: Types, Applications and Performance Assessment” Journal of Solar energy Society of India,Vol.21,No.1&2 ,June-December.2011’
12. L. K. Sahoo, N. D. Thakur, K. Rai, P Sensarma, R. D. Jha1, P. Mohanty, A Sharma, A.S. Srinidhi, A. Chaurey” Synchronization and Operation of Parallel Inverters using Droop Control” International Conference on Power Electronics,2011, pp. 2406-2412. doi:10.1109/ICPE.2011.5944529
13. Parimita Mohanty, Nivedita Dasgupta and Arvind Sharma, ‘Centralized solar lantern charging station under ‘lighting a billion lives’ campaign: a technological evolution’, Progress in Photovoltaics: Research and Applications, Volume 18, Issue 7, November 2010, Pages: 516–534, DOI: 10.1002/pip.958
14. Thakur Nivedita, Mohanty P, Chaurey A, Sharma A and Srinidhi A S , “Concept of Off–grid solar Multi–utility centre for Livelihood Generation in Rural Areas: A pilot Project in India”, IIIrd International Conference on Advances in Energy Research, 2011(http://www.teriin.org/projects/nfa/pdf/ICAER_2011.pdf )
15. P. Mohanty, A. Sharma, N. Thakur, K. R. Sharma and A. Chaurey, "Laboratory and field based integrated approach for assessing performance and utilization of LED Solar Lanterns in rural areas," 2012 International Conference on Advances in Power Conversion and Energy Technologies (APCET), Mylavaram, Andhra Pradesh, 2012, pp. 1-8, doi: 10.1109/APCET.2012.6302018
16. K. Rahul Sharma; Nivedita Thakur; Arvind Sharma; Parimita Mohanty, ‘Centralised solar charging station for LED lanterns for deployment in Indian rural areas: a design approach’ International Journal of Renewable Energy Technology (IJRET), Vol. 7, No. 3, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1504/IJRET. 2016.077760
Last changed: 26.02.2021 23:02